Abu Dhabi: The 22nd International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Awards program, adorned with Indian film stars, held at the Etihad Arena in Abu Dhabi. Vicky Kaushal won the Best Actor award for the film ‘Sardar Udham’. The Best Actress award went to Kriti Senan for her role in ‘Mimi’.
“Seven years ago, when I used to knock on doors to audition, I couldn’t find work,” said Vicky, who was overjoyed to receive the award. I told my mother I don’t know how everything will be? At the time, my mother had said that it was not your job to see what would happen, it was your job to make sure that it would happen. ‘IIFA was hosted by Salman Khan, Riteish Deshmukh and Manish Pal. A minute’s silence was observed before the ceremony to pay tribute to former UAE President Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, who passed away last month.
The IFA Awards were not held for two years due to the epidemic. Entering the event on a bike, Salman Khan said, “Looking at the people of Abu Dhabi today, it seems that there was no gap of two years between us. We have always been and will always be. This is the New Year, this is the new IIFA.
– Best Movie: Sher Shah
– Best Director: Vishnuvarman (Sher Shah)
– Best Actor: Vicky Kaushal (film Sardar Udham)
– Best Actress: Kriti Senan (Film Mimi)
– Best Supporting Actor: Sai Tamahankar (Film Mimi)
– Best Supporting Actor: Pankaj Tripathi (Film Ludo)
– Best Story Original: Anurag Basu (Film Ludo)
– Best Story (Adapted): Kabir Khan, Sanjay Puran Singh Chouhan (Film 83)
– Best Composer: AR Rehman (Atrangi Ray), Tanishq Bagchi, Jasleen Royal, Javed-Mohsin, Vikram Montrose, B Prak, Jani (Sher Shah)
– Best Lyricist: Kauser Munir-Lehra Do … (Film 83)
– Best Singer: Zubin Notial, Rata Lambia (Shershah)
– Best Singer: Asis Kaur, Rata Lambia (Film Sher Shah)
– Best Emerging Actor: Ahan Shetty (Film Tadap)
– Best Emerging Actress: Sharwari Wagh (Bunty Te Babli-2)